[ic] Re: No Shipping on some items

joe baker interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Feb 12 13:30:01 2003

>  Hello,
>
>   I have ic 4.9.5 running and I'm trying to setup a
no
> shipping on some items in the catalog. Those items
> would have the option to be picked up or delivered
at
> a flat charge. I can have that set up as an option
> those items with the right charges, but how do I
setup
> ic to not charge shipping on those items.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Joe

This may not help, but I have one item, a paper
catalog, for which I do
not charge shipping. I use weight to calculate
shipping so I simply set
the weight of that item to zero.

DB

Hi,

 That will work ok if those items were the only items
ordered, but what if the customer orders something
else that has shipping. I was thinking in a way of may
be creating two new ship modes, "delivery" which will
have a flat charge and a "pick up" which cost nothing
, then the customer will have to choose his options at
check out time.

Can you point me in the right directions on how to
accomplish that.

Thank you