[ic] employees generating quotes

Geoff Sternecker interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Feb 12 14:53:00 2003

Hello all, I have some design questions..

What I would like to do is have employees generate quotes for clients from the
shopping cart.

If I create employee accounts to the Admin section, they can go to
Orders->Enter Order and fill in the fields.. but they can't browse the
catalog on the front end (as the clients would) to generate this quote.
Is there an easy way to wrap the lib/UI/pages/admin/order.html around the cart
so the browsable catalog would be between the "Order Entry" title and the
"Shipping Address" section?

As a side feature in this section, rather than entering the client name in and
hitting find, a pull-down generated via the userdb would be pretty cool.

The other option I've thought about is, using the userdb and customer UI
section for the employees, and creating a clientsdb.
The thought is, an employee has a standard userdb account, not an Admin
section account. They can add, remove, edit, clients and then select which
client they are generating the quote for, and continue to browse the cart.
The quote would include the employee contact info, then the client info,
followed by the quote.

Has anybody already done this or something similar?
Any alternative ideas?
Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
GeoffS