[ic] Automating Table Importation

Adrian P Wilkinson interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Feb 13 05:08:01 2003

Dear IC Users,

We have a custom application running under Microsoft Access to handle the
updating of stock and pricing information against the data provided by our
distributors.  The end result is that we end up with a products and
inventory table containing the most up-to-date price and stock levels
according to a formula to determine where to purchase parts from.  Once this
processing had been done we can export the data to text files ready for
importation into Interchange.

Is there any way that we can automate the importation of these two tables
from a text file into the Interchange database (hosted on MySQL)?  I was
thinking upon the lines of getting an ftp program to upload the output files
and put them in {catalog_home}/products as inventory.txt and products.txt.
How would I go about importing them from here?

Regards, Ade.