[ic] table-editor tag does not work with a template

Bill Carr interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Feb 13 07:36:01 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 20:44, Mike Heins wrote:
> Quoting Rene Hertell (interchange-users@hertell.com):
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have found an odd behaviour with the table-editor. The following example
> > works just fine:
> >
> > -------------------
> > [update values]
> > [table-editor
> >     table=some_table
> >     key="123"
> >     auto-secure=1
> >     ][/table-editor]
> > -------------------
> >
> > But if I use the overall template (from the docs), it won't update the
> > values into the table at all.
> >
> > -------------------
> > [update values]
> > [table-editor
> >     table=some_table
> >     key="123"
> >     auto-secure=1
> >     ]
> > {TOP_OF_FORM}
> > {HIDDEN_FIELDS}
> > {:REST}
> > {BOTTOM_OF_FORM}
>
> This should not be the case; the $Scratch->{mv_data_enable} gets set
> the same either way.
>
> You might try doing a "view source" on both versions and seeing what
> form fields are there. It is possible that there is a bug; but I don't
> see what it could be.
Running IC -4.9.5. I had a similar problem and I changed Editor.pm like
this:
diff mine orig
3244c3244
<                                                                               HIDDEN_USER
---
>                                                                               HIDDEN_AUTO
3301c3301
<       chunk 'BOTTOM_OF_FORM','FORM_END', '', <<EOF;
---
>       chunk 'FORM_END', '', 'BOTTOM_OF_FORM', <<EOF;

and it started working. Sorry I don't have more detail. This was a while
ago and I am swamped at the moment.

--
Bill Carr
Worldwide Impact