[ic] Wanted: Support Group

Brendan Crosser-McGay interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Feb 13 16:28:01 2003

I've found the best way to learn IC is to try, try and try some more.  If
you do your work, you can use the list to support your efforts, but not to
replace your efforts to do something.  Look at the list to help fix bugs
encountered, or help with small development, but mostly you need to do all
the development on your own end.

I often think of this list as mainly a programmer only forum.  I wouldn't
come here for help until you've read the dox, done some experimentation with
ITL, and know a bit about programming.

---------------------
brendan (at) paymentonline (dot) com
PaymentOnline.com
IT Department
206.382.1515 x 238

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@icdevgroup.org
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@icdevgroup.org]On Behalf Of Devin Harris
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 12:38 PM
To: interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Subject: [ic] Wanted: Support Group

It is pretty obvious to me that there needs to be a separation between
the advanced technical discussions going on here and a mail group for
those people wanting to ask more simple questions about say, setup
issues. There are enough geeks around that enjoy helping people with
simple problems that would allow a beginners group to function and be of
real assistance. But in this group it is obviuosly uncool to help those
new to Interchange, an ego phenomenon that takes place in a lot of
programming support groups like this. Do I think it is going to happen.
No, obviously the problem stems from whoever has this setup. It is I am
sure an extension of whoever created this program yet failed to take the
time to produce any setup documentation.