[ic] Wanted: Support Group - opinions?

Thu Feb 13 22:25:00 2003

Quoting Jeff Dafoe (jeff@badtz-maru.com):
> > I recently brushed up on Perl, thanks to 'The Llama'; something that was
> > necessary to make sense of the payment modules, however, I am still
> > struggling to complete my module because there is no documented
> specification
> > (that I have found) on things like passing form variables and return
> values.
> > Having already posted to the list, it is now a matter of searching through
> > the source to see what is actually going on behind the scenes, and had it
> not
> > been for the other modules, I would be completely clueless.
>
>     Making a new payment module can be a tricky task with any ecommerce
> system.

Sounds like the real question is, "Can someone point me to the package
where I can do systems programming tasks without actually programming?"

I personally ignored the original fellow immediately when he posted the
blatant falsehood that "there isn't any setup documentation".
There is megabytes of it, literally.

Oh, that's right:

    Can someone point me to the package I can learn without
    actually reading and learning? Including the osmosis feature
    where I can learn databases, basic networking, and logic
    in one easy lesson? Where it will just do what I mean
    so I don't have to tell it?

Or, my favorite:

    http://www.icdevgroup.org/the_authors_life.txt

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

Experience is what allows you to recognize a mistake the second
time you make it. -- unknown