[ic] "Bad Counter Magic" (not FreeBSD related!) on 4.9.5

Adrian P Wilkinson interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Feb 15 15:40:00 2003

When a customer tries to place an order, they receive the following message:

"Sorry, there was an error in processing this form action. Please report the
error or try again later. (Bad counter magic '200302150000 ' in
/home/invincible/interchange/catalogs/invincible/etc/order.number at
/home/invincible/interchange/lib/Vend/Interpolate.pm line 2716 )"

I've downgraded to the last release version of Interchange from the night
build as of Wednesday due to experiencing a couple of issues (corrupt order
entry screen, shows prices as £0.00 on search results (but okay on
flypage.html) and it trashes the product database when uploading a text
file, rm -f products.sql and restarting the server) and I've come across
this now that I've downgraded.

It's been quite happy to accept the above format for order.number before and
there is not a trailing space after the last four digits in the file itself.
Any suggestions how to get it back to it's previously happy self?

Regards, Ade.