[ic] 'Enter Order' / UI Currency / Price Overrides / VAT on Shipping [again!]

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Feb 16 19:41:01 2003

> 1.    When I go to 'Enter Order' for a customer the page is
> severely messed
> up for one of the catalogs.  There is no heading and the HTML
> starts with a
> <TD> line with a "Go to catalog" link and it cuts off after "Bold fields
> needed to process the order" whereas another catalog running on the same
> installation of Interchange's foundation applicaton displays correctly and
> asks for payment details.

You haven't overridden the page? ie. put a page of the same name in your
catalog's pages/admin/ directory. Otherwise I suppose it must be data
related.

> 2.    I already have the stores using en_GB for displaying prices wih the
> pounds sterling symbol (£), but everything under the admin UI
> still displays
> using the US dollar symbol ($).  Is there any way of fixing this so that
> admin prices use en_GB localisation?

You need a file called en_GB.cfg in your UI config at
/usr/lib/interchange/lib/UI/locales or wherever your install is. Make a copy
of the default.cfg and change the top few lines to:

Locale en_GB <<EOF
{
# language name
"MV_LANG_NAME",
"English (GB)",

This will allow you to switch to 'English (GB)' at login.

There are still things happening with locales and the UI so I have not
bothered to put this in the core yet. (besides, I did this on my install a
long time ago and then forgot all about it.)

> 3.    I seem to recall someone mentioning something about this the other
> day, but is there any way of manually overriding prices in the
> 'Enter Order'
> screen at the time of purchase rather than having to go and manually edit
> the tables after the order has completed?  The reason it is desireable to
> override immediately is so that an order confirmation email can
> be fired off
> to the customer showing the correct pricing information.  Failing this, is
> there any way of getting the UI to generate an order confirmation mail on
> demand?

Code it in yourself, or have a developer do it for you :-)

> 4.    Try as I might (and with help from Jon Clark of Webmaint: sorry, I
> appear to have accidentally trashed the change we made the other day!) I
> can't get it the store to add VAT to shipping costs.  My Tax
> preferences are
> as follows:
>
>      TAXAREA UK Tax
>      TAXFIELD multi Tax
>      TAXRATE UK=17.5 Tax
>      TAXSHIPPING UK Tax
>

> My salestax.asc file contains just one line: "default [fly-tax]" and the
> relevant line in country.txt is:
>
> UK      3       Europe-EC       UK      XDM NXTWRK URG1200
> URG0900 SATURDAY
> NOSHIP      United Kingdom                  default = 17.5%, food = 0
>
> I want shipping to be taxed at 17.5% for all orders regardless of the
> destination country.
>
> Could anyone please shed any light on any/all the above issues please?  A
> massive public "thank you" to Jon for going beyond the call of duty the
> other day.

I am now pretty sure that the tax setup for the uk ('multi') does not
currently have the ability to tax shipping or handling.

Currently working on it..

Jonathan
www.webmaint.net