[ic] Interchange 4.9.6 process randomly exiting.

Cameron interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Feb 17 01:40:01 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Hornburg" <racke@linuxia.de>
To: <interchange-users@icdevgroup.org>
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 4:04 AM
Subject: Re: [ic] Interchange 4.9.6 process randomly exiting.

> > crashing,
> > result
> > out

> > O_RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK|O_LARGEFILE|O_DIRECTORY)

> > almost
> > clue
> > >
> > > That looks like Interchange is killed by another program, e.g.
something
> > run
> > > by your provider if this isn't your machine.
> > >
> > > Bye
> > >       Racke
> >
> > well, it is my machine, i got a dedicated server... i've looked in the
> > crontab, nothing too obvious in there. i'll talk to support though, see
if
> > they're doing something deliberate here. i can't imagine what though.
they
> > certainly SHOULDN'T be doing anything...
>
> Did you look in all crontabs ? If you don't find anything there (watch
your
> system logs too !), check on incoming connections at the times where the
> crashes occur.
>
> Bye
>      Racke

yeah i poked all the crontabs. it seems unlikely to be a cron job though,
it's happening 1 hour after IC starts, not every hour on the hour. I imagine
that limits.conf would have been a more appropriate place to check - indeed,
i'd already done this before even posting the first time round, but the
entire file is hashed out, so i doubt it's anything in there.