[ic] 'Enter Order' / UI Currency / Price Overrides / VAT on Shipping [again!]

Adrian P Wilkinson interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Feb 17 03:34:01 2003

Dear Jon and the List,

[Corruption on 'Enter Order' Screen]
> You haven't overridden the page? ie. put a page of the same name in your
> catalog's pages/admin/ directory. Otherwise I suppose it must be data
> related.

Under {CATALOGROOT}/pages/admin/ there are no files, but there are two
subdirectories called report_def/ and reports/.  I've just compared the
filesizes in {CATALOGROOT}/pages/ and {CATALOGROOT}/special_pages between
the store that's giving me problems and the build installed from and they
match.

Here are two screenshots to demonstrate the problem:
<http://www.puffin.org/apw/ic/OrderEntryforCaliConn.jpg> - Good
<http://www.puffin.org/apw/ic/OrderEntryforInvincible.jpg> - Bad

[en_GB in UI]
> You need a file called en_GB.cfg in your UI config at
> /usr/lib/interchange/lib/UI/locales or wherever your
> install is. Make a copy of the default.cfg and change the
> top few lines to:
[ ... ]
> This will allow you to switch to 'English (GB)' at login.

Wonderful, this now works.  Is there any way of setting this to the default
locale when someone goes to /admin/ ?  I did make a change to ui.cfg as
follows:

# Set up for default locale
#Locale en_US MV_LANG_NAME English
Locale en_GB MV_LANG_NAME English_GB

This still seems to select en_US as the default language when loading the
UI.

[Price Override on 'Order Entry']
> Code it in yourself, or have a developer do it for you :-)

Could you give me an idea (via private mail if necessary) as to the
approximate costs for allowing price overrides and for a final "Discount:"
box to be added so the invididual line item prices can be overridden and a
final discount can be subtracted from the total of the item prices (before
tax and shipping)?

How much less would it be if this was written into the core Interchange
foundation distribution in order to assist our fellow IC users?

[VAT on Shipping]
> I am now pretty sure that the tax setup for the uk ('multi') does not
> currently have the ability to tax shipping or handling.
> Currently working on it..

This would be why I couldn't get it working after spending ages going
through the mailing list archives!  Do you have an estimated timescale?

Thanks for your help thus far!

Regards, Ade.