[ic] value-extended variable doesn't work in template control component tags

J P interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Feb 17 04:51:01 2003

I've gotten my ActionMap almost working exactly like I
want it but have one glitch.  I can't get my template
to include the correct control component, based on
info I'm passing from my action map.

My ActionMap works wonderfully, and in it I have this
line:
$CGI->{control_category} = "category_" .
$template_prefix . "name";

and what I'm doing there is based upon some calcs in
the ActionMap, I'm choosing one of five controls to
display.

Now I go to my results.html template and I use the
[value-extended name=whatever] throughout the template
and they all work fine.  But in my control component
at the top of the page where the other components are,
it just doesn't work.

These are the lines in my results template
  [control-set]
    [component][value-extended
name=control_category][/component]
  [/control-set]

If I change [value-extended name=control_category] in
the component and hard code the name of one of the
components, it works fine and passes the info to the
component properly too.  But for some reason, it
doesn't seem to like the way I have coded the control
above to use a name passed to the template from the
ActionMap.  I've even had it print this to the screen
and cut and paste it hardcoding it into the template
page and it works, so I know it's not a typo or
anything like that.

Anyone have any ideas?  Is this a bug?  Any
suggestions on a workaround.