[ic] Shipping from UK

Mike Curtis interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Feb 18 11:22:01 2003

HI all,

I have been getting to grips with Interchange with the intention of running
a site from the UK.  I have managed to configure Interchange using the
details off the www.webmaint.net and making alterations for the 4.9.5 build,
including the addition of Switch and Delta, all very
good.................But.

I cannot get to grips with shipping.  I have read the manuals, this
distribution list every scrap of information I can get hold of, I have a
mental block it seems.

What I want to achieve is:

To enable a user to select goods by weight and for Interchange to access
either the UPS or FedEx web site for the correct tariff, it seems that
Interchange is capable of doing this but it would also seem that this is
optimised for the US.

My problem is that I do not know the sequence of events taken to achieve
this, what files are accessed or used or how the downloaded tariff files,
that is the zone file and the tariff file and how they are utilised, they do
have different formats to the ones on 4.9.5. or at least they look
different.  I have created a new shipping method using static information
where shipping is set to £16.00 whether the goods weigh 1lb or 100 lb.  Not
really what I want.

A simplified step by step approach or access to a 'how to' would be great

TIA

Mike Curtis

Awesome product