[ic] Nightmare-Please help

Jeff Obranovich interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Feb 18 23:15:00 2003

Background:

running IC 4.9.3
Cpanel (...I know)

It started as, what I thought to be, a simple thing.  I wanted to download
my products & inventory tables to an Excel spreadsheet so that I might make
several changes at once.  Downloading went fine, editing went fine,
IMPORTING is where it all began...After several attempts, (various errors
stating mismatched tables, despite the fact that I was importing the exact
same file that I just exported) and with the "replace" box checked, I
managed to import my new file.  However, none of the products that I had
edited had been replaced.  Not only that, but the format of my NEW products
was entirely wrong.  Fortunately, I thought, I had only imported 73 items.
So, I began to try and delete them from the AdminUI.  But, they refused to
go!  No matter what I did, every time I "applied changes" they were back.

So, I decided that it was time to download last nights backup from Cpanel
and replace the products.txt file.  After which, IC went completely down.
Then I tried restoring the whole products directory from backup.  It still
didn't work.  Eventually I discovered that the permissions had been changed
for the products.txt during backup.  Hooray...The sites back up.  But now,
my navigation "area's" are gone.  So, I go to the Layout Editor, hit
auto-populate...there they are, excellent!  Apply changes and......ALL OF
THE COMPONENTS ON MY PAGES ARE GONE.  The template is still set correctly
and all the files are there, but none of my components will load.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff Obranovich