[ic] Newbie question

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Feb 19 00:52:00 2003

Andrew Melichar [skip@skipmartin.com] wrote:

> I've tried sifting through the archives to find information about 500
> Internal Server errors, but I can't seem to find anything that is
> helping. I just installed interchange. I host with
> primesource-hosting.com - everything went well during the install, it
> hit the database correctly and added the tables, I started the service
> without any errors, and then I got to open the catalog and I get a 500
> Internal Server Error. I tried looking through the logs but I don't get
> anything. Help!! The server is running Apache/1.3.27 and I am using a
> MySQL database, MySQL version 3.23.54.

Is this on your own server was Interchange supplied by your host?
If it's a CPANEL-supplied installation then what did your hosting
company say when you contacted their helpdesk?

You should have some messages in your Interchange error.log file.
Are you sure you are looking at the correct file?  The Apache logs
are not always useful when diagnosing Interchange problems.