[ic] Nightmare-Please help

Jeff Obranovich interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Feb 19 09:21:01 2003

OK, I REALLY know now. :)

I there are any consultants our there who think they can fix this please
e-mail me off list.
at jeff_o@mooresmusicemporium.com

Thanks,

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@icdevgroup.org
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@icdevgroup.org]On Behalf Of Kevin Walsh
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 1:23 AM
To: interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Subject: RE: [ic] Nightmare-Please help

Jeff Obranovich [webmaster@midwest-entertainment.net] wrote:

> So, I decided that it was time to download last nights backup from Cpanel
> and replace the products.txt file.  After which, IC went completely down.
> Then I tried restoring the whole products directory from backup.  It still
> didn't work.  Eventually I discovered that the permissions had been
changed
> for the products.txt during backup.  Hooray...The sites back up.  But now,
> my navigation "area's" are gone.  So, I go to the Layout Editor, hit
> auto-populate...there they are, excellent!  Apply changes and......ALL OF
> THE COMPONENTS ON MY PAGES ARE GONE.  The template is still set correctly
> and all the files are there, but none of my components will load.

This really is something for your host to sort out.  You're paying them
to provide a service.  They decided to take a chance and mix Interchange
with CPANEL, and now it's up to them to support that decision.

See here:

    http://www.icdevgroup.org/i/dev/cpanel.html

There are a number of Interchange consultants who MAY be able to use
your SSH account to find and fix the various permissions problems
(and others) that CPANEL creates, but it won't be free.  The ability
to fix permission-related problems is also dependent upon the
permissions granted to your SSH username.

When you speak to your host, you might like to point out that an
automated backup is useless if the correct permissions are not
restored along with the files.  Of course, that may be another
CPANEL problem.  I don't know.

The people at support@cpanel.net may be able to help, but may simply
refer you back to your host.

> running IC 4.9.3