[ic] Mail notification

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Feb 19 12:13:00 2003

Sergiusz Jarczyk [sjarczyk@wist.net.pl] wrote:

> Although I'm working with IC for a while, this simple problem is still
> unresolvable for me :-)
> I have IC 4.9.5 installed on RH8.0, and I can't make it to send e-mail
> notifications about orders. There are no entries in error.log, as well as
> maillog, about even trying to send something. I found in interchange.cfg an
> entry Variable MV_SMTPHOST, but it doesn't matter if I set this, or comment
> this out.
> Can someone point me to any doc, describing SMTP config for IC?

You'll need the following lines in your interchange.cfg file to get
Interchange to send mail via the Net::SMTP module:

    Variable         MV_SMTPHOST  mail.yourdomain.com
    SendMailProgram  Net::SMTP

Any problems after that will probably be in the Sendmail configuration
and error messages should appear in the mail log.

Check that you have the Net::SMTP module on your machine:

    perl -MNet::SMTP -e 'print "$Net::SMTP::VERSION\n"'

My dev box shows me that I have version 2.24.

I'm assuming that you haven't modified/broken the email report
template and this is just a setup problem.