[ic] instant reparse?

Marc Brevoort interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Feb 19 13:09:01 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 16:44, Kevin Walsh wrote:

> Couldn't you simply use the following instead (with no [perl] block)?
> [seti result][posttourl url="[cgi url]" params="[cgi params]"][/seti]
> By the way, I'd use [tmp] instead of [seti], if the result is only
> for use on the current page.

Actually, I can. I'm normally not in the habit of using named parameters
and with positional parameters things just didn't work another way, but
that is solved now. [tmp] instead of [seti] makes sense and still gives
the same result.

It is a long way from plain working perl to the Interchange/ITL flavor,
my sincere thanks to all for helping out and keeping up with me.

A last detail to solve is that my posttourl tag returns an entire page
which could, in theory, contain quotes, newlines, ] brackets, and so on,
as you predicted.

If I could I'd avoid ITL altogether; I'm much more comfortable in Perl.
I'd prefer to use $Tag->parsexml($xml) instead of [parsexml ...] but
this makes safe mode complain because parsexml uses XML::Parser, so I'm
stuck doing it the ITL way.

When trying so, the html page shows [parsexml asdf] (where asdf is
replaced by the newline-containing page loaded by posttourl) and the tag
isn't run, I assume ITL is choking on the newlines etc. in the
parameter.

Is there a standard way to pass parameters like this to user tags, or is
the best option to escape any control characters? I'd prefer to keep the
code in the xml parser tag as much as possible equal to the plain-perl
code that I know is working.

Thanks,

Marc Brevoort

--
e-mail:	marc.brevoort@armazemdedados.com
web:	http://www.armazemdedados.com

Armazem de Dados, Informatica, Lda
Dep. Desenvolvimento
Tel. +351 21 910 83 10 / Fax. +351- 21 910 83 19