[ic] SQL::Statement and Term::Readline::Perl Errors in Admin Login

Wed Feb 19 17:23:00 2003

Quoting Vadim Pushkin (wiskbroom@hotmail.com):
> Hello Again:
>
> I've been having some issues lately whenever I logged in to the Admin
> GUI for IC. I was receiving an error stating that my I was missing
> Term::Readline::Perl when in fact I did have it. After logging in, I
> recvd above error in login screen, I then recvd another error that my
> SQL::Statement perl module was too new, I had to uninstall SQL::
> Statement 1.05 and install 0.1021 from 2001! In any case, by uninstalling
> the old SQL::Statement and installing an older one, BOTH messages
> went away.
>
> This is just as an FYI in case some other poor person runs into this
> problem. I am running latest CVS of IC, anxiously waiting for 5.0.

Yes, this is known. CPAN changed the way it behaves -- a version can
apparently no longer be specified in a Bundle.

I did fix the problem with a new Bundle::Interchange. Enter glitch
number two -- CPAN module update propagation is down due to technical
problems at FUNET.FI, the canonical archive:

    http://use.perl.org/article.pl?sid=03/02/16/1416231

So my updated Bundle::Interchange has not yet propagated to the
CPAN mirrors, so users are still getting bit by this.

--
Mike Heins
phone +1.513.523.7621      <mike@perusion.com>

My wife is great.  She doesn't care where I go, just as long as I don't
have any fun.  -- Lee Trevino