[ic] perl code in mv_check gets executed despite verification failure

John Allman interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Feb 20 06:44:01 2003

Stefan Hornburg wrote:

>On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:49:24 +0000
>John Allman <allmanj@houseofireland.com> wrote:
>

>>Mike Heins wrote:
>>

>>>I don't know what part of the documentation gave you the idea mv_check
>>>would run only if a profile succeeded.
>>>
>>>If you want to conditionally do an mv_check, don't set it in the
>>>form, set it in the profile.
>>>
>>>   &calc = $CGI->{mv_check} = 'performop' if $Scratch->{success};
>>>

>>Yeah i reckoned i might be misinterpretting it. My logic was that if mv_check was performed after the "update" took place, and the update wouldn't happen unless it passed verification then mv_check wouldn't happen unless it passed verification. A bit of a step i admit.
>>
>>Unfortunately that line didn't seem to work for me:(
>>
>>Now performop isn't executed at all...
>>

>Too complicated IMHO, just use mv_form_profile, which is checked as first thing
>in the morning.
>
>Bye
>         Racke

Fair enough but as i understand it that wont make a difference. Like the
syntax in /etc/profile.order and in a mv_form_profile variable would be
the same yes? And it doesn't appear to be working...

thanks

John