[ic] Nested tags

Marc Brevoort interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Feb 20 12:09:00 2003

Hi group,

It turns out that if I do

[parsexml][posttourl url="[cgi url]" params="[cgi params]"][/parsexml]

the outer tag blindly tries to parse all the xml that is in the literal
string "[posttourl ........]" which of course doesn't contain any XML at
all.

How can I rewrite the above expression in ITL to have Interchange
evaluate things in the 'correct' order, *and* later on use the result in
a perl block? I suppose the correct evaluation order could be forced
with something like

[parsexml xml="[posttourl url=".....]"]

but the quotes are in the way. After over 200 IC server restarts, my
brain is jelly and I'm overlooking the simplest things.

What if I would want to nest the tags even deeper? Both the tag
[parsexml] and [posttourl] contain 'use' clauses, so they can't be used
in a perl block with $Tag->parsexml/$Tag->posttourl.

Thanks all for your patience (and especially Kevin, you know who you are
;)),

Marc Brevoort
--
e-mail:	marc.brevoort@armazemdedados.com
web:	http://www.armazemdedados.com

Armazem de Dados, Informatica, Lda
Dep. Desenvolvimento
Tel. +351 21 910 83 10 / Fax. +351- 21 910 83 19