[ic] custom products

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Feb 22 10:58:01 2003

At 09:37 PM 2/21/2003 -0600, you wrote:

>We have a need for customers to be able to specify dimensions on custom
>products.
>
>example:
>
>sku            length        width
>ac90001      _____       _____
>
>Assuming that ac90001 is in the system as a custom frame size and length and
>width are text box entries, how can we translate this info into an item on
>the order?

I've found that, with simple options in the 4.9 branch, you can use a
textarea widget to collect arbitrary data for an option for the customer,
an IC will retain it, as long as you give it a default value (i.e. 'type
width here'). Just set up the option, then use the table editor to modify
it's record in the options table, setting the widget type to textarea. For
that matter a text entry field would probably work too.

- Ed L.

463 Main St., Suite D         eCommerce | Consulting | Hosting
Placerville, CA  95667        edl@newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (530) 622-9426 Fax