[ic] Mechanism for adding to form?

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Feb 22 11:02:59 2003

At 03:54 PM 2/21/2003 -0800, you wrote:

>Hello IC Users,
>
>I'm wondering if there's an existing method within Interchange to
>enable a user to add some fields to a form.
>
>Something like:
>
>Item 1: [ text box ]
>Item 2: [ text box ]
>Item 3: [ text box ]
>
>[Add An Item]   [Submit]
>

>Where clicking the "Add An Item" button would refresh the form page and
>add an additional line with a text box for an Item 4 entry. Similar to
>some of the forms in the Admin UI pages (e.g. Shipping Options: edit
>data for method). Looks like that one uses a bunch of perl, but I was
>wondering if there might be a user tag or something set up to
>accomplish this.
>
>I tried searching the archives, but wasn't turning up anything. Forgive
>me if there's an obvious solution.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Tom

In fact, you could probably do this with the [table-editor ...] tag and a
little extra code of your own; you would just need to add the functionality
which appends the list of data fields when the customer uses the 'Add An
Item' button.

The bigger question issue is what you intend to do with these fields and
there contents after the customer is done; that can have some bearing on
whether or not this is the right approach.

Good Luck,

- Ed L.

463 Main St., Suite D         eCommerce | Consulting | Hosting
Placerville, CA  95667        edl@newmediaems.com
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free      (530) 622-9426 Fax