[ic] separate shipping address and minimum cost

Bill Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Feb 22 13:13:00 2003

I am running interchange 4.8.6 and am learning more every day. I ahve a
problem with shipping calculations. I have a reseller who gets special
pricing. she buys from my site, then ships each item to a separate
address. Unfortunately, my product weight information is bad. I expect
to have it corrected in a week or two, and I am marked up high enough
so that for 90% of my retail orders, it doesn't much matter, as I
assign a minimum shipping cost per order. This reseller however, has
caused me all kinds of grief! she causes me to send 10 - 15 diferent
packages to 10 - 15 different locations and the routine is only
applying the minimum shipping and handling one time! I don't mind
selling wholesale with just a 20% markup, but last night's order will
cost me more to ship than i made!!! Is there a way to cause interchange
to apply the minimum cost to each separate shipping address? that would
at least help untill I can get my weights fixed.
 I saw a reference to a [ups-each] tag, but frankly, I am very new to
this and my problems working this out are compounded by the fact that i
know virtually nothing about perl. Can somebody out there help me with
this?
Bill Jordan
www.crystalcreations.com