[ic] Export For Restore/Import

Jon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Feb 23 23:47:00 2003

> >     Suggestions and possibly code for performing an export of all
> > IC tables such that they can be easily imported back into IC.
> > Prefer something in Perl so I can add a cron entry.
> > Apologies if it is in the archives. I haven't had luck finding.
> > I'm using IC 4.9.3
> >
> > Jon
>
> What db? Preferred methods for Mysql do not include exporting in Admin.
>
> Thread starts here:
> http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2002-December/029806.h
> tml
> But the post after that one has an example. It is geared for Mysql. I
> believe gdbm can just be copied as is in the products dir, but I may be
> wrong.
>
> If this is for backing up, you may want to hire a consultant to write you
> script and tailor your backup needs to how/where you work. I can't stress
> how important usable backups are, at least for me, as I tend to do stupid
> things.
>
> Paul

    Again I forgot some fairly important information.  Sorry about that.
Yes, I'm using MySQL.  And I agree backups are critical which is
why I'm investigating and would have thought some one would have
already written something explicitly for this in IC.

    That code looks good. It is doing a bit more then I was looking for
with backing  up files, etc. Also it appears to be mainly based on mysqldump
so it can issue the dump to a remote server as opposed to using mysqlhotcopy.
Also this code doesn't seem to cover getting the now backed up tables
re-imported.  What would be the natural way to get these tables back into
IC ?  Via MySQL commands ? Or something else to satisfy IC's needs.

Jon