[ic] Mechanism for adding to form?

Thomas J.M. Burton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Feb 24 14:43:00 2003

Ed LaFrance Wrote:
> In fact, you could probably do this with the [table-editor ...] tag
> and a little extra code of your own; you would just need to add the
> functionality which appends the list of data fields when the customer
> uses the 'Add An Item' button.
>
> The bigger question issue is what you intend to do with these fields
> and there contents after the customer is done; that can have some
> bearing on whether or not this is the right approach.

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the lack of context in my original
post.

A client of mine whom we run an IC catalog for has requested that we
build a "blank order form" - something that he can send his customers
to if he needs them to re-send their credit card info or order an item
that he cannot list a price for on his site. I figured that I'd just
build a variation of the typical IC checkout page so that I wouldn't
need to revisit any issues of security, etc.

Rather than having a multi-line textarea for the customers to fill out
on the form, I'd like to have separate lines for 4-5 items with the
option to add more if necessary. This would be in place of the
item-list that is normally displayed on the foundation demo's checkout
page.

I've managed to find info about [table-editor] in the Wiki docs, but
I'm not sure if it would suit my needs. Have you worked with
[table-editor], and if so, do you think it's right for the job?

Let me know if I haven't explained the situation fully enough.

Thanks again,
Tom

Thomas J.M. Burton
Global Focus Digital Media, LLC