[ic] Question two

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Feb 24 17:58:00 2003

> Ok, I am going to install the nightly version. I am having
> another problem. I
> adapted the foundation demo to my company necessities. Now, I am
> focussed on
> functionality more than in designing. I installed and worked all
> the time at
> home using my own linux server. I got a dynamic host, so I was
> able to run the
> apache with a valid dns name. Now, I am trying to implement the
> server here in
> the company. We don't want to have any dns entries for this
> server because we
> are developing the server. We might have some audits, so we don't
> wanna have
> any dns entries till we release the final version. When I run the makecat
> application, the first question is the dns or www name. I want to run the
> interchange based in the IP. When I try to run it, it says the
> interchange is
> really busy. I am affraid that is a problem with the DNS because I have a
> pentium 4 1.7 GHZ with 512 in ram.

I don't think the error is related to you using an IP instead of domain
name. Often this is caused by you specifying an incorrect user during
makecat. Is your link program (in the cgi-bin) chmod u+s ? It should be. If
your interchange daemon user is interch, then it should be owned by interch
as well. Please check and report back.

Jonathan
www.webmaint.net