[ic] Admin/Login Bug?!

Jon interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Feb 24 21:15:01 2003

> Here's a simple yes/no question.  Is there a way to set a default value for
> a field when using the Admin UI in Interchange 4.9.7 to add new items?  For
> example, I've been running into situations where a client has been
> forgetting to put a price or weight value and the item doesn't get added to
> the products table, but there is no error thrown to the page either (it gets
> written to the error log which is why I know what they are doing wrong) so
> it looks as though it went in ok even though it didn't.  It would be nice if
> I could just put a default value of 0 in there so at least they wouldn't
> have to keep entering in the same data over-and-over.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael Kang

    I've run into that a few times myself. I begin to learn after a few grunts
though
And I pondered the same question. My thinking was, what would I set
the default values for weight and price to... zero ??  Then I guessed perhaps
the developers made this a conscious decision so you wouldn't inadvertently
sell something for nothing and/or allow free shipping on specific products.

Of course I could be wrong.

Jon