[ic] Importing Inventory Spreadsheet

Jeff Obranovich interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Feb 25 22:56:01 2003

Weston,

I have recently gone through this same problem,  below is a copy of an
answer to my post that helped a lot. (BTW Thanks David)  I have also
discovered that the same problem exists regardless of the spreadsheet
application that I use.  I have tried Excel, Gnumeric, OpenOffice Calc, and
Kspread.  The text qualifier (probably ") in your field names is your
problem.
The solution below should work.  If you don't have access to Access, try
saving your spreadsheet as a .csv w/tab delimiter, then opening it in a text
editor and deleting the "'s around the field names.  This has also worked
for me.

Jeff Obranovich
jeff_o@mooresmusicemporium.com

"Quite possibly it's neither cpanel, nor interchange's fault, but microsoft.

When export txt file form Excel, fields are quoted, leading 0s are deleted
(causes trouble if you handle userdb txt file, or if there is leading 0 in
your sku).

Examing your txt files and see if there are " " around each fields. If so,
you can still use those files.
Do the following;

1   Load them into Access.
    Remember to select first line as field name,
    specify every field as text.

2  Then, export text file (from Access),

in the first screen, select --Delimited--.

In the second screen,

a    select Tab as delimiter
b    check the box include Fields Name
c.   select {none}   for Text qualifier

and next as usual.

Remember to add leading 0 before export if they were through out by Excel.

Repeat 1 and 2 over every files touched by Excel.

3. upload the files,

4. change permision,

and try again.

Hope this can help.

David
dzhang@msihosting.com
http://www.msihosting.com
Expert -- ecommerce solution, interchange hosting."