[ic] Moving my store

Claritinet.com interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Feb 26 13:19:00 2003

> The server which hosts my Interchange store is quickly ailing.  It is
> outdated and we were planning on replacing it soon.  The crazy sounds
> coming from the HD have made soon = now.  I also want to switch OSs from
> Mandrake to RedHat.  My question is.  What is the most painless way to
> move my store from one server to another?
>
> Stephen Kent
> Director of Information Systems
> Coastal Business Machines, Inc.
> skent@cbmi.com

I just started using Interchange in September. I made one store and then
made copes with two different methods. One by using the bin/makecat and
selecting the old store as the 'template' it basically gave me an exact copy
of the store. The other way was to take a test store I had made and copy
over key files such as products and userdb from the main store. Both worked.
What I am saying is it should be fairly easy to copy files over to a new
server and change server specific information only. Anyway this is info from
a low time flyer and someone else may have a quick onestep method.

Blair