[ic] Don't Allow Users To View Product If Inactive

Chris Wenham interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Feb 26 22:16:01 2003

On Wednesday 26 February 2003 09:51 pm, Matthew Villa wrote:
> I need to disallow inactive products to be viewed by the user. I
> configured my cart to utilize the inactive column. On each search list
> page it won't list inactive products. However, users are able to find
> the product from search engines. But, I need to display a "page not
> found" error something to prevent users from even seeing those inactive
> products. Does anyone know how to do that?

 I'd use a variant of the "Members only" code that's at the top of the demo
site's templates, and bounce the visitor to a 404 page if the test for
inactivity returns true.

Regards,

Chris Wenham