[ic] multiple shipping methods per cart

Tim Stoakes interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Feb 26 23:54:01 2003

Hello,

I have 2 different products in a cart that need to be shipped via 2 separate shipping methods (eg. one product is too heavy for air and must be sent by road). I have both these shipping methods setup in interchange. I have an extra column in the products table to show which shipping method to use. I wish to have interchange somehow use this field and calculate the appropriate pieces of shipping, sum them, and charge that to the customer.

Something like
$shipping = $Tag->shipping('method1',{qty => 1}) + $Tag->shipping('method2',{qty => 1})
would be ideal.

Or even the ability to attach a shipping method to each item in the cart in the same way that we can an order route.

Currently the only way of doing this is to construct a separate cart for each set of items that share a shipping method, and using $Tag->shipping with that cart as opt.

I'm sure there must be an easier way of doing this than I am aware - I don't want to reinvent the wheel. Thanks, your help is appreciated.

--
Tim Stoakes