[ic] SQL query returning to tree structure

Jim Boyer interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Feb 27 14:21:00 2003

I have seen some talk in the archives about doing what I need, but nothing
specific, so I will try to ask specifically.

I am using IC 4.9.5 with MySQL and I am using a tree menu.  I have
implemented items in multiple categories by creating a table that has the
sku and the category for each product (sku_category).  I would like to run
a query that will return to the tree menu similar to the following.

select products.sku from products, sku_category where
products.sku = sku_category.sku and sku_category.category = 'Food'

How do I get this type of query working with the tree menu?

Is there a better way of doing multiple categories per product?  My
category names have commas, so a comma delimited search won't work.

Thanks for any help you can shed on my problem.

Jim Boyer
Systems Programmer
Information Dept
College of Agriculture and Home Economics
Washington State University