[ic] Edits to LinkPoint GlobalSub?

Thomas J.M. Burton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jan 2 17:55:01 2003

Hello IC Users,

I'm in the process of setting up the LinkPoint GlobalSub (originally
written by Josh Simpson before being modified by Richard Eicher and
then Austin Markus and found at:
http://www.interchange.rtfm.info/downloads/payments/index.html)

Upon reviewing the GlobalSub, it occurred to me that perhaps some lines
should be revised to use some of the existing mv_ variables, allowing
the GlobalSub to be used by multiple catalogs on one server, each with
its own LinkPoint account.

Since I don't consider myself much of a programmer (although I seem to
be heading in that direction more and more each day), I was wondering
if someone might be able to give be feedback about these proposed
changes. Perhaps this was not done for some reason I am unaware of, and
I'm wasting bytes by writing this. :)

Current GlobalSub (lines 9-12):

    my $hostname = "secure.linkpt.net";
    my $port = "1139";
    my $storename = "YOUR STORENAME";
    my $keyfile = "FULL PATH OF YOUR .PEM FILE";

Proposed Changes (based on authorizenet GlobalSub):

    my $port = "1139";

    my $hostname =  $::Variable->{MV_PAYMENT_SERVER} ||
                    $::Variable->{CYBER_SERVER} ||
                    'secure.linkpt.net';

    my $storename = $::Variable->{MV_PAYMENT_ID} ||
                    $::Variable->{CYBER_ID}
                    or return undef;

    my $keyfile =   $::Variable->{MV_PAYMENT_PEM}
                    or return undef;

Thanks in advance for any input on this topic. :)

-Tom Burton

Thomas J.M. Burton, Design/Production
Global Focus Digital Media, LLC
www.globalfocusdm.com