[ic] Parameters for Interchange tags documented?

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jan 2 22:09:00 2003

Kevin Old [kold@carolina.rr.com] wrote:

> <!-- BEGIN COMPONENT [control component category_vertical] -->
> [timed-build auto=1 if="[control timed 0]" minutes="[control timed 0]"]
> [set found_cat][/set]
> [loop
>         prefix=box
>         search="
>                 fi=area
>                 st=db
>                 tf=sort
>                 ac=0
>                 ac=0
>                 co=yes
>
>                 sf=sel
>                 op=eq
>                 se=[control set_selector left]
>
>                 sf=which_page
>                 op=rm
>                 se=[control page_class all|@@MV_PAGE@@]
> "]
>
> >From the code above, the ac, co and op parameters and values aren't
> documented.

Those parameters are documented in the "Interchange Database" manual.
See sections 5.6 (One-Click Searches) and 5.10 (Search Reference).

> Also, the line: se=[control page_class all|@@MV_PAGE@@] -
> what does that do?

The "se" parameter is documented in the places listed above.  [control]
is in the Interchange Tags Reference section 4.14 (control).

> I can't find box-exec or cat-exec or *anything*-exec or bar_link.

The bar_link sub is probably in your catalog_before.cfg file.
[PREFIX-exec] is not documented in the Tags Reference at the moment,
but you'll find a mention in the Interchange Frequently Answered
Questions document section 13.2 (Optimising lists).

The [PREFIX-exec] tag allows a pre-compiled subroutine, such as bar_link
to be executed from within a loop.  The PREFIX name is determined by
the looping tag's parameters.

> I'd be willing to add the necessary documentation to the files if
> someone could explain what's going on here.

Documentation submissions are always welcome, although hardly ever
received.  Feel free to submit text for missing sections of the
documentation, or to re-word existing text to better explain a
facility.