[ic] Returning products with various defaul options...

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jan 3 04:28:00 2003

I have a store that has many items that all have different 'size' options.

I am wondering if I can return a results page with various sizes returned
based on a value in another field in the products database.

i.e. Click here to see related products with recommended sizes to fit your
show size.

(Manufacturer marked sizes (in the product options) is not always same as
the real size so we have given a hidden value for these in the products
table)

Typical Results should yield links to:

Manufacturer - Product - default option
Manufacturer X - shoe Z - size 9       (hidden value 9)
Manufacture Y - show A - size 10     (hidden value 9)
Manufacturer Z - shoe C - size 9 1/2 (hidden value 9)

Another shoe sized person might yield results like:
Manufacturer - Product - default option
Manufacturer X - shoe Z - size 8   -    (hidden value 8)
Manufacture Y - show A - size 9    -  (hidden value 8)
Manufacturer Z - shoe C - size 8 1/2 -  (hidden value 8)

I hope this is clear?

Maybe the question could be better asked, can I create a search for products
which present a link to a product where the default size option changes
based on a hidden value in the products database?

I hope this is now too way obscure a question; please let me know.

Using 4.8.6/mysql

Many thanks in advance for any guidance or yes no answers!!!!

Simon