[ic] access.gdbm corruption?

Bob Keyes interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jan 3 12:18:00 2003

Here's my environment:
Debian 3.0
Linux 2.4.18-k6
Interchange 4.8 (from the debian package)

running the demo store, I get problems in the UI. Twice now when the web
site developer has tried to work on the store, the UI has crashed leaving
the rest of the store up and running. /var/log/messages shows:

Jan  3 10:19:51 mordred int1: Died in server spawn: Could not tie to
'/var/lib/interchange/catalogs/ghast/products/access.gdbm': Resource
temporarily unavailable at /usr/lib/interchange/Vend/Table/GDBM.pm line
115.

I can fix this temporarily by deleting the access.gdbm file and restarting
interchange (of course I lose settings) but it comes back quickly.

Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it?