[ic] access.gdbm corruption?

Bob Keyes interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jan 3 14:18:01 2003

On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Jeff Dafoe wrote:

>     I should clarify my statement by saying that "multiple users" means
> "multiple sessions".  A single physical person could generate multiple
> sessions, I do this by opening both IE and netscape.

Thanks. I had thought of that and checked, but just realized I had missed
one terminal window open on the server itself. Oops!

Though IC should really have a way to not die when this happens. Feature
Request: When an account is logged in more than once, the second user
trying to log in should get a message to the likes of:

"This user is alredy logged in from {hostname}, idle since {last activity
time). Close this old session? (Yes/No)"

I'd try to code this myself, if I knew more about how the interchange
internals work.