[ic] Tax Help Needed

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sat Jan 4 14:07:01 2003

Michael C. Ibarra [ibarra@hawk.com] wrote:

> Here in sunny New York State, US, we collect tax depending
> on the destination town/city or zip. Taxes vary from town
> to town and are not the same throughout the state. I see an
> option for taxing states, but is there a way to tax all within
> a state, % varying?
>
> Also, does anyone already have NYS info within their table
> that they can share with me?

I believe that New York State applies a different tax rate depending
upon the county.  I suspect that your local, friendly tax official or
accountant is likely to have more information.

To help you get started with your Interchange setup, you'll find a list
of North American counties here:

    http://www.interchange.RTFM.info/downloads/counties.txt

The file is in a suitably Interchange-friendly format (tab-separated
values).  If you find any errors in there then please let me know.