[ic] Interchange 4.8.3 and 4.8.6 installation on debian woody fails.

Matthew Smith interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Jan 5 16:04:00 2003

Hi,

Recently I have been trying to install the standard 4.8.3 version of
interchange on a debian woody system and I don't seem to be getting anywhere
fast. Problem is that it asks if I want it to create the user and group
interchange; if I answer yes installation hangs at the point
Adding system group: .

and does nothing more. Only thing I can do is hit Ctrl-C and try again which
results in exactly the same problem. If I answer no to the question "do I
want to create the user interchange?", then it keeps coming back with the
same question again, I can only hit Ctrl-C to abort. Does anyone have any
ideas how to solve this problem? I have also tried the 4.8.6.20021206-1
version and this also seems to give me the same problem. Installation hangs
at the point where it says adding system group.

Hope somebody out there knows an answer as all the searches I've tried
didn't find this problem.

Kind regards

Matthew Smith
hazed@xs4all.nl