[ic] There was an error adding to the transaction log.

Martin Abell interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Jan 5 18:06:01 2003

My working catalogs work fine, buy my demo catalog keeps recording "There
was an error adding to the transaction log." in the logs/log file.  (Nothing
is recorded in the error.log for the catalog or for interchange.)  Running
IC 4.8.1 under RedHat using mySQL (3.23.53a) for main data tables.

Compared demo to working catalog for log_transaction (identical),
profiles.order (identical) and permissions on the mysql tables
(transactions, orderline, userdb, products, cat) which look OK.  Can
manually add records to these tables, which have all the same fields as the
working catalog.   Can't say the checkout pages are identical for the
working and non-working catalogs (mostly page layout changes); the essential
stuff looks the same.

One thing I added to demo was quickbooks logging (which works).  Removing it
from ORDER_ROUTES stops quickbooks logging, but doesn't restore transaction
logging.  The Route section of catalog.cfg is identical for the working and
non-working catalogs except for the addition of the quickbooks statements.

(Tried the searchable archive, but concluded there was something wrong with
it at the time.  When I clicked links that looked very relevant, I usually
got an unrelated item.)

Anyone got a clue where to look next?

Martin Abell
SpeedSpan