[ic] Interchange 4.8.3 and 4.8.6 installation on debian woody fails.

Matthew Smith interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jan 6 07:52:00 2003

Quoting Racke ():

>Hello, Matthew !
>
>I have no idea why this should fail in the addgroup command. As a
workaround,
>create the interchange user/group before installation:
>
>addgroup interchange
>adduser --system --ingroup interchange --home /usr/lib/interchange
interchange

>Ciao
>        Racke

Hi Racke,

Thanks for your reply, but alas it helps not. Now when I try to install
interchange it doesn't ask me whether I want to create the user and group,
it just goes ahead and does it and still hangs at the point where it says
adding system group: .

I did purge the configs from dselect before attempting reinstallation. Don't
know if that makes a difference...

Greetings

Matthew