[ic] unable to add items to the catalogue

Jonathan Clark interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jan 6 10:03:01 2003

> I recently upgraded from 4.8 to 4.9.5 and now am unable to add items into
> the catalogue. My original site was based on the foundation catalogue
> however once I deleted all the nail and hammers etc.  I am unable
> to add in
> any new items. The new item page is displayed and the item id/sku
> increments
> each attempt to add a new item but no data is saved into the
> database. I am
> using mysql and this problem seems to be specific to this catalogue and db
> as the other foundation we have as a test site works fine, any ideas what
> the problem may be ?

The difference between the default db and MySQL is the 'NOT NULL' feature.

There are many fields in the products table which require information to be
entered, for example, price. I have a suspicion that the DEFAULT ''s within
the table defs are not being applied, although I have not recently generated
a new table to prove this is the case.

The workaround is to make sure all the fields which are set to be NOT NULL
have data entered. To find out which these are, see the
<catroot>/dbconf/mysql/products.mysql file.

Jonathan
www.webmaint.net