[ic] Returning products with various default options...

Jeff Dafoe interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jan 6 22:18:01 2003

> Create a search using IC tags that will yield a results list that will
> present a link and 'buy now' button to 'Leather Shoe' with an option other
> than the default?

    Sure.  Save the size in a scratch variable and use it on the results
page to preselect a choice in the option selectbox.  You
will need to replace the call to item-options with a handrolled option
display.  Look at the source for

http://shop.sophee.com/sophee/00191.html?show_source=1

    and the browser-rendered version (without the show_source parameter) to
get an idea of how manual option building might be done (the scrunchy colors
are item options), although places that you see the item number seemingly
hard-coded are actually [item-code] calls.

    This page overall is an example of poor coding, I load the option list
two or three times when it only needs to be done once.  "I'll go back and
fix it".

Jeff