[ic] some praise where praise is due

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jan 7 15:24:00 2003

All too often we only hear complaints when things don't
go so well, and very little praise is given where it is due.
I thought I would put in my 2 cents worth to this list.

Over the past few months I have been working on a
some deeper development with some IC sites and a
complete Intranet for CSRs.

Sure, IC is said to have a 'steep learning curve', and
only working with the software for a little over a year
I will attest to that.  However, most of the things I
attempted actually turned out to be pretty easy once
you figured out the right way to do it.

Even with little knowledge of perl, it is very powerful.
However, with the extensive usage of perl in some
of the admin pages and lots of great little snips on
this list, even someone with little knowledge of perl
like me can come up with some pretty cool little
features if you do a little searching and have some guts.

Interchange is extremely modifiable to suit your
individual needs, very powerful and up-to-date,
and second-to-none in my opinion.

A big round of applause to the writers of this program
as well as everyone who takes a part in this list.

Thanks again to all the people that have helped me
with various things through this list.
--
Aaron