[ic] nmfc and shipping HELP!

Rich Kelly interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jan 8 08:58:00 2003

Hello group,

I have created a product table column called nmfc and store the N.M.F.C
freight classes for my inventory in it.  However unlike other Shipping
companies the Common Carriers that deal with this type of freight want up to
6 separate NMFC class numbers.  So when I do my lookup up and build the Url
for the lookup I need to pass the variable not as a total but as a
concatenated string of some kind.

I am having trouble figuring out where in IC to assign a "nmfcstringtotal"
variable in or near the checkout.html file or even if it is there.  Where
can I create this new summary type variable and how to I concatenate it?

Example:

product  	qty	$	weight	nmfc(the field I added)
A        	10	3.50	50		77.5
B		5	2.50	100		65
C		25	3.00	300		100
D		10	4.00	100		60
		50	13.00	$1		$2

The rules for weight in this case will be the same but I need to focus on
the nmfc right now
how in IC do I add the new items nmfc field in a way that it will come out
as a string such as..

$2= ("77.5", "65", "100", "60")

Once I figure out the nmfc I can figure out the separated weights.

Do I need to create new tags with perl scripts?
Where Do I assign+initialize the new temporary String Variable that will
contain the $2
I will later need to break down $2 into separate variables in a perl script
I know.  But I cant figure out how to create the total string.  I know that
Once I can create $2 I just pass it via the shipping variables in
shipping.asc.. not a problem

System FreeBSD 4.7
Interchange 4.8.6
Current Perl