[ic] Shipping Multiple Boxes of various weights

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jan 8 13:01:02 2003

I know this subject has been beat to death, but I searched the archives
and found some information on this subject, but most deal with multiple
boxes of equal weight.

I am shipping items in individual boxes, of various weights.  The total
weight can go over the 150 pound limit for UPS.  I am only shipping via
UPS, so I need to only query UPS for the shipping costs.  Another problem
is that a line item in my cart can have two boxes of equal weight, that
will ship separately.

I have modified the foundation demo, graphically, but used the underlying
engine.  In the products db, I have added "shipbox" that is the number of
boxes for that item; 1 for one box, 2 for two boxes, etc.

I want to calculate the shipping costs for each box for each line item in
the shopping cart and show the total shipping cost in check_out.html.  I
want use the online query, not a table.  I also need to make sure that the
correct shipping costs are sent to my credit card service, authorize.net.
I have everything working, except the shipping.  When I get the shipping
working, I can go online.

I know I need to added an UserTag to the catalog.cfg file.  I also need to
call that tag in the appropriate locations.

Can someone help me write this UserTag to calculate this correctly.

Regards,
Gregg Scott