[ic] Shipping Options in CVS/Demo1

Kevin Old interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jan 8 16:48:01 2003

Mike,

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 13:42, Michael C. Ibarra wrote:
> Yes, I've figured this out after playing with it, thank you.
> Just out of curiousity, why aren't the shipping options placed
> on a separate page, after the ship-to info is entered? I
> realize that that I can do this on my own page, but by default,
> I believe that it should be a separate page as well.

My thoughts exactly, but I didn't write the demo....maybe when I get
something worthy of 'demo' status I'll add it to the additional demo's
page.

> Also, I see that I can only select UPS Next day and 2nd Day,
> however I see under admin that other choices are enabled, is this
> broken, or am I doing something wrong?

Using the UI, you need to actually edit the shipping item you want
displayed and select a country or countries for it to be associated
with.

In the UI select Items->Item Editor->Shipping then select the type of
shipping that you'd like added to the drop down and click the "Edit
method" button.  Once in edit mode, select a country or countries from
the list, then click the finish button and Apply Changes.

Then refresh your checkout page and you should see the additional entry.

HTH,

Kevin