[ic] "<" character in a [value]

Rich Doughty interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jan 9 08:29:01 2003

On 09 Jan 2003, Kevin Walsh wrote:
> Rich Doughty [rich@opusvl.com] wrote:
> >
> > the "<" character from a textarea upload appears to be removed during the
> > transition from a [cgi] to a [value].
> >
> > is there any way to disable this safety precaution?
> >
> The Interchange Tags Reference section 4.86 (value) describes the
> [value] tag's "enable_html" parameter as follows:

where exactly is this doc?

Documentation -> ictags -> value

does not mention this. I checked originally when I tried to solve the
problem. I am using the docs on www.icdevgroup.org. Is there a more
up-to-date source of info?

a search of icdevgroup.com for "enable_html" also drew a blank.

thanks anyway for the tip, i'll give it a shot.

>   Any '<' characters will normally be converted into '&lt;' for
>   safety reasons.  This conversion can be disabled using 'enable_html=1'.
>
> Did that not work for you?

just out of interested, the characters weren't converted to &lt;, but
removed altogether.

<snip>

  - Rich Doughty