[ic] PC Text Editor and IC

Interchange server interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jan 9 11:10:01 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 20:02, Farshad Farzan wrote:

> What is the best editor to use in the PC when you are working in IC?

As someone suggested emacs, I guess I should suggest vi which is
available for windows too ,)

But seriously, the windows text editor I've liked most so far is
UltraEdit. The important features to you are that it detects the
difference between unix and windows, so it won't mess up the file. You
might like its feature to open from and save to FTP; the next best thing
to editing files directly on the machine itself.

Then it has customizable syntax highlighting, macros, word completion
and a lot more. It's a very mature product.

grtz
MRJB