[ic] Help required for stupid error

D Zhang - msi interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jan 9 11:21:01 2003

In case that you need to keep you current work, do a full backup and then
copy back all files after re-install interchange from c-panel. It won't take
you much time though, using the following procedure and command:

Make a backup directory at the same level as the cart directory. Then, above
the cart directory,

cp -r cart_directory/*   backup_directory

The above command will copy all files with subdirectories to the
backup_directory.
cd to the backup_directory and check to make sure that all files are copied
properly with the subdirectories. You may see many session files can't be
copied. That's ok

In the backup_directory, delet variable.gdbm, just keep the variable.txt

IMPORTANT:   backup your image files!

cp -r image_directory/*   image_backup_dir

Again, check to make sure all image files are backuped.

Now, you are save to do a re-installation in the procedure outlined in
previous reply.
After the re-installation from cpanel, copy back all files, using the same
command, but with reverse file orders in command line.

You are done. Total is about 5 to 10 minuts

David
dzhang@msihosting.com
http://www.msihosting.com
-- Export in ecommerce solution, interchange hosting.